Sunday, April 1, 2012

MICHAEL UNDERWOOD TO RESIGN AS ANIME EXPO ENTERTAINMENT DIRECTOR



Just saw this news on Michael Underwood's Facebook page. Here is his letter he posted in full.

An open letter to my friends and partners both at Anime Expo, Other Anime cons and within the Anime Industry.

As of about 5 minutes ago, I have tendered my two week notice of resignation from my position as Executive Director of Entertainment Group for Anime Expo / SPJA.

My last day of work in this position will be on April 14th, 2012.

It is my intention for the remaining two weeks to help wrap up any projects or contracts that I am working on for this year’s Anime Expo and transition ownership of them to Marc Perez, our CEO(marc.perez@spja.org), and or Kathy Moran, our Division Manager of Programming and Guest Relations Divisions (kathymoran@spja.org).

Should you wish to contact anyone at Anime Expo regarding Programming matters please write to Programming@anime-expo.org. For any future Guest Relations inquiries please write to GR@anime-expo.org.

While my decision to depart is not an easy one, I wanted to let you all know it has truly been my pleasure and honor to work with each of you. Some of you I have known for a great many years, others only met recently, over the years I have considered myself blessed to have had the opportunity to work with you all and wish you nothing but success.

Should you wish to keep in contact with me beyond April 14th, 2012 you are always welcome to email my personal email address or hear on Facebook .

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I would like this transition to proceed as smoothly as possible so this year can continue to be a success.

Warm regards always,

Michael G. Underwood

Executive Director
Entertainment Group
Anime Expo / SPJA
 Having worked with Michael in the past I want to wish him the best of luck in any and all endeavors he wishes to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment