Tuesday, April 10, 2012

MEGASCIFI.COM Q&A WITH ROBOTECH COMIC WRITER BILL SPANGLER


MegaSciFi.com has posted a very informative Q&A with Robotech Comic Writer Bill Spangler. Here is a very brief excerpt.

What led to you working for Eternity/Malibu, the Robotech comics publisher at the time you wrote your first Robotech comic book, The Malcontent Uprisings?

BILL: Eternity/Malibu was the first company I worked for. I had sold two series to them, Bloodwing and The Argonauts, when they announced they would be doing The Sentinels comic. I was a relative newbie, as far as anime was concerned. But I knew and liked Robotech, so I called the Malibu offices to see if they had chosen a creative team. They had, but Chris Ulm, the editor, asked me if I wanted to develop something around the Malcontent Uprisings period.
If you are into the Robotech comics of the 1990's this is a must read interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment